Thursday, July 22, 2010

Beach Vacation

My parents, Ellery and I hopped a plane to Daytona Beach earlier this week.

We are visiting my grandparents and trying to relax. I'm not so sure there is much relaxation going on with a toddler running around. Ellery did very well on the plane. She wiggled all over me and my dad but didn't scream or get upset, just waved to other passengers, turned on the overhead light and crawled all over us.



The minute I step foot into this house my entire being sighs relief.

Something about all the home cooking I've grown up with over the years, the beach, 30 year traditions, no make-up and no impressing anyone.



Little Miss is having a blast burning a hole into the carpet around the kitchen/living room, crawling on the beds and going shirtless.



Ahh, the beach....





This Dairy Bar is about a 2 blocks from the beach and for the past 30 years every trip home from the beach included a stop to this ice cream shack.



Nothing compares to this place. NOTHING.



I'm so excited I am able to introduce one of my favorite places to my daughter.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

YAY!!! have FUn!!! {i forgot it was this week...}

Michelle said...

I'd sure like to stop by the Dairy Bar....yum!