Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Maybe...Finally

The past week Ellery has been off.

Her mood could have been due to a solid week of not-so-solid poo poos. That would make me cranky.

Maybe she picked up a bug from the few days at the gym nursery.

Maybe she picked up a bug from the pool.

I didn't know what to do but decided from reading online that I would change her diet to see if that helped.

She went onto the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) yesterday and we had our first day of no poo poos. I was thankful.

This morning I decided she would be on BRAT the entire day today and tomorrow I will introduce milk.

Today was the first day that she acted normal; excited to play, laughing, running around and not wining (a whole lot at least).

After lunch I was brushing her teeth and felt something a little out of place.

Sure enough she had 3 molars break through in the past week.

FINALLY! A more probably reason for all the crankiness and runs.

Of course she woke from her nap in a terrible mood but about 1/2 hour later she was back and a happy little camper (yes I was able to get some Tylenol into her after much fighting).

It's so difficult knowing your child doesn't feel well, you don't know why and therefore don't know what to do to help.

No comments: