Monday, July 26, 2010

A Letter to Ellery


Ellery,

My dear, sweet, precious Ellery. I love you. There are too many fun-fabulous qualities about you that make me eager to wake up in the morning just to see your precious face.

However, I have a question. Why, oh why, is it that when we are on vacation (like 5 nights into our 6 night vacation), and you are doing soo good at sleeping through the night, that you decide to wake up approximately 1 hour after I have fallen asleep and keep me awake for HOURS?

Don't you remember last night? Do you remember sleeping so soundly, making cute dreaming noises in your pack-n-play, and then as if someone turned on a light in the room you stood up and began crying? Do you remember the multiple times we played the "Pick me up, rock me to sleep and try to put me back down while I scream some more" game? Do you remember sitting in your pack-n-play (after you would scream for a short while) and then listen intensely for me to move in the bed and then begin crying again?

These are not actions that show your Mommy love, my sweet daughter. Now, I have forgiven you. I trust this will not happen again tonight. I am so excited to have a full night sleep and wake up with joy to your baby words and laughter.

All my love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Ali said...

UGH! that is so random. i hope tonight is better. cute pic