This could mean absolutely nothing and is most likely a freak accident, BUT...
Twice today Ellery has gone pee pee on the potty.
She HATES having her diaper changed (which I expect from a 17 month old) and late this afternoon I was taking her back to change a wet diaper. Much to her wiggles and "nooo" I asked if she wanted to go pee pee on the potty. She squeaked, a.k.a. "yes".
Sure enough after a moment or two she tinkled!!
I praised her big time. Got excited about wiping her (which I'm sure at some point the excitement will ware off) and let her flush the toilet.
At one point I started mentioning the "M & M treat" but then realized, "Hey wait, she doesn't even know what an M & M is so why set that expectation now if toilet paper and flushing is enough of a reward?!?"
At bed time when I was changing her clothes I noticed her diaper was dry and then asked, "Do you want to go pee pee on the potty?" Same response as earlier.
This time Cary stood outside of the bathroom door to witness it and SHE DID IT AGAIN!
I'm just stoked. I know she's probably not physically developed enough to completely potty train at this point but I'll give her the opportunity and see where it goes.
5 comments:
go with it girl!
i think the earlier you do it the easier it is!!!
good for you leah, and good for sweet ellery! I have definitely heard people say they have trained their 18 month old so if she will do it go for it! miss you!
good for you leah and good for ellery! I have totally heard of 18 month olds being potty trained, if she wants to do it go for it! she is just very advanced :) miss you friend!
that comment was from me (peyton) it says I left it anonymously which was an accident. love, P
that's a big step! How great!!
Post a Comment