Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ugh (updated)

Sunday morning is the Raleigh 1/2 marathon.

Jaclyn & I have been training since May or June. We began training for a full marathon but then mid summer decided life would be better running the 1/2.

This is all great and dandy with the slight exception of the nasty cold I have this week. Truthfully Ellery & I have been pelted with illness over the past 2 weeks and every day I pray this cold is the last of it.

Yesterday, while planning the trip to NC with Jaclyn I was adamant about my attendance & participation in this race. I believe I'll be healthy enough.

I'm BELIEVING that I'll be healthy enough...I wont even speak the feelings of "what if I can't run."

UPDATE:
I realized this post might come across a bit strong willed. That's how much I'm holding on to this race, this is my stubborn side coming out. But I'm realizing that maybe I need to let it go. Jaclyn wants/needs a HEALTHY race partner and if I'm not healthy enough to run I will at least be there to cheer and encourage her to meet her goal. We'll see how it goes and I will have to be fine with either outcome.

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

To clarify a bit...I was adamant about you *not* participating with your illness - unless it was much improved. I don't think that running sick is a good idea for you!

Courtney said...

as a fellow "stubborn" runner...i don't know what to say. what i SHOULD say would sound so hypocritical...

i just hope you feel better.