We have experienced many amazing changes this year and the Lord is constantly renovating our hearts to be a better reflection of Him.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
34 Weeks
6 weeks to go!!
I'm feeling pretty good. When I lay down it seems like Little Mister decides to cuddle up next to my diaphram and I can't breath, which can be a bit annoying.
This is the point during pregnancy where every weeks brings something different. Last week I was the "crazy pregnant lady," and this week I seem to have indigestion after dinner (even though I seem to eat dinner hours before going to bed). The other night I actually had to have some Mylanta!
Thursday morning our close friends, Raleigh & Tammy, delivered their first child, a beautiful little girl. We took Ellery with us to the hospital on Friday to visit and we both commented as to how we forgot that newborns are TINY! I simply could not wrap my mind around having something that small in my house with a child that has as much energy as Ellery. I was afraid she would come up to Lilly and smack her face while trying to hug on her.
That little visit prompted me to get into a box of clothes a friend has given me. So Sunday afternoon I let myself get comfy with the idea of having a second child and put those adorable little onesies on my tummy.
I have started to read up on labor & delivery, just as a little refresher. Unfortunately I waited too long and the classes our hospital offers for welcoming a sibling are full, so I guess it's up to Cary & I to teach Ellery about her new baby brother. I did schedule our hospital tour and a CPR class! Still, there is a part of me that would like to take the labor & delivery class again. I really liked that! As I was reading my labor book Cary asked if I felt ready and was nervous about anything. I'm not nervous yet. Actually I think the anticipation of going into labor is super exciting. You never know when it's gonna happen or how!
As of next week I visit the OB once a week. It really feels like this pregnancy is FLYING by.
One thing is for sure, baby boy is growing well and healthy and I'm so very thankful for that. I'm gonna spend the next 6 weeks hanging on to my time alone with Ellery and appreciating every moment of being pregnant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can't believe you're 34 weeks already. Time has really flown! One thing I remember when I had my second child, was when I changed my first child's diaper, she seemed HUGE after changing the baby's diaper. You look fantastic!! Hi to Cary!!
I can't believe you only have 6 weeks! And I have to say the diaper thing is so true!! :)
Enjoy the next month with Ellery! But it will be so sweet to see both of your children together!
You are so adorable pregnant! Enjoy this time with Ellery and the last few weeks of being pregnant!! And I agree...you will LOVE seeing your two babies together as they grow up...there is nothing like it.
You look great! Can't wait to meet the little Mister. If you want to come clothes "shopping" at my place let me know. If you don't want them they will probably go in our church yard sale in June. If I can part with them ;)
wow! 34 weeks sounds so CLOSE all of a sudden!!! loved the peak into the nighttime routine :-)
love YOU!
Post a Comment