Thursday, April 21, 2011

Strength

I experienced a new "Mom" thing yesterday and last night.

Experience #1:  Ellery was sick yesterday morning for the first time in her life.  She's fine now, and was back to her normal self after lunch but it made for a crazy day.  I did LOTS of unexpected laundry and cleaning of furniture.  It was strange because I felt like I had no idea what I was doing.  The weekly OB appointments have started and wouldn't you know that was scheduled for yesterday morning.  I had to reschedule and then questioned that decision, but was relieved I did reschedule because she got sick about the time I would have been driving to the appointment.

Experience #2:  It wasn't until I was getting ready for bed that the emotions of the entire day washed over me.  I told Cary, "I just feel like I need a good cry!  I don't know if it's pregnancy or the day but I'm so overwhelmed with emotions right now."  It was like the dust finally settled and I was able to FEEL the day, instead of being strong for Ellery and taking care of everyone else.  This is usually when I begin to question my parenting skills, which doesn't seem to help an already emotionally unstable mindset.

I guess that's just the thing about being a Mom, you are strong when you have to be and don't even know it.  You just ARE.  I thank the Lord for giving me the strength to get me through every day lately, cause I know there is absolutely no possible way I can do this on my own.

A sleeping update:  E is doing MUCH better about staying in bed.  I'm not stressing out about it as much and it seems that she's starting to get it.  Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

glad you're both getting better sleep!

and, you're SO right. it always amazes me...the strength that comes when i need it. AND the cry that comes after :-)