Saturday was the annual Monument Avenue 10K!
Cary has been working with our YMCA as a coach for the training team for the last few months. I've been teaching Ellery to chant, "Run, Daddy, Run!" when she sees him after each training run.
I'll be honest, when Saturday morning rolled around I wasn't sure if I wanted to cart E around with the belly and fight the 41,000 + people. But then after we got there I was really glad we went down as a family. It turned out to be an AWESOME morning.
Cary attained his goal of breaking a 40 min. 10K and I am so proud of him. Ellery and I snagged a viewing spot right at the finish line and she had the best time clapping for the runners and seeing all the action.
Greg, one of Cary's friends, ran the 10K for the first time and he did an amazing job.
So. Onto another story.
When I returned from Disney I found a house full of dust and a hall bathroom (used to be super cute, pink and a little old) that had been demo'd. The man can not seem to stop tearing things apart in our house!
Although there is no real time line for the basement renovations, this hall bath reno will HOPEFULLY be completed before baby boy arrives. Realistically we use the master bath a lot more for Ellery so having this one bathroom out of commission isn't too terribly inconvenient. The mess is the most most frustrating part.
Cary and my dad installed the new bath as well as began putting in the durock for the tile floor. To back up a bit, last weekend there was NO floor in the bathroom and they were working on repairing some old floor joists that needed extra support.
I guess I'll have to pick out some tile in the next few days and hope the progress continues as it has been going.
2 comments:
i've been wondering if everything was okay. glad to see you back to the blog.
congrats on your time, cary!!!
Post a Comment