Here are Grandma & Grandpap Brown. Aren't they just the cutest?!
We celebrated Gigi's birthday by inviting a bunch of her friends to a local restaurant and showering her with laughter, memories, appreciation and hugs. I can't imagine anyone leaving this birthday party and not having a full heart. But then again I can't imagine anyone walking away from Grandma with out having a full heart. She radiates Christs love and I want to be just like her when I grow up.
These are my grandparents with my mom and her brother, Ken.
Mom was reading a letter from one of Grandma's friends who couldn't attend the party. I think one of my favorite parts of this trip was hearing first hand stories of how my mother grew up and the family life she experienced. I can see how those moments have transferred into my childhood. I loved learning about the friendships my grandparents had and how Christ has been the solid foundation of their life. I laughed until I cried.
My grandma has leukemia and the thought of that possibly being the reason for her passing one day is a little heavy. For now I love knowing she is here, spreading Christs love in every opportunity He provides. She is an amazing woman!
No comments:
Post a Comment