I had to take a shower in the middle of the afternoon and told Ellery to hang out in the bathroom and play while I cleaned up. Well, she has a box of crayons specifically made for the bath tub. She was coloring on the shower door and then on my vanity door (which has glass in it so that was okay). Oh, I did not give these crayons to her as a toy, she found them when I was not able to catch her.
As I was wrapping up she ran out of the room. I didn't think too much of it. That was my first mistake.
By the time I finally got out of the room I noticed this....
The marks are along the hallway wall. She also colored the back of her nursery door.
It's funny how from a parenting perspective you HATE to see this sort of thing because it pretty much garantees a lot of repair work but you CAN'T get mad at the child, she really didn't know it was a bad thing. I told her, "Ellery. Do you see this? This is a BIG 'no no'." She seemed to get it and I made her show Cary when he got home from work.
As much as I would have liked to think that since it was bath tub crayon it would have cleaned up easily, not so much. I mean it came off the wall probably a bit better than a regular wax crayon but still, the wall must be repainted.
1 comment:
I think crayon on the wall is a rite of passage for all parents. I use a Magic Eraser and don't need to touch up with paint...
Post a Comment