Thursday, March 17, 2011

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

One of the tasks when vacationing at a place like Disney World is to try and find activities for a toddler that give you the best bang for your buck all the while providing them with an incredible experience.

Well in doing my research I found that we could hop on a bus from our resort and through several stops make our way to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. AKL is a resort built to replicate what you might find in Africa and provide it's guests with safaris and other nature loving experiences. One of the perks of staying in this lodge is they have this HUGE area where wild animals roam free and if your lucky enough to have certain rooms you can walk out onto your balcony and see these beautiful creatures. Did I mention that this part of the day was free? Well, except for buying lunch but still!

Thankfully there is a viewing deck located off of the main guest house that we non-AKL guests can look at the animals. So that's just what we did on St. Patrick's Day!







I might have enjoyed this part of our day a bit more than Ellery.

That was until one of the staff brought out this tortoise from the Galapagos Islands for her to see up close. She wasn't allowed to touch it but still, how fun is that?



After our visit with the animals we grabbed some lunch by the pool and then had to take a little dip.


This girl is becoming FEARLESS in the water. I had to keep a close eye on her the entire time we were near a pool. But oh my gosh did she have a blast!


Later that evening I met up with a really good, old friend, Karin. She was that woman in my life, when I was a teen, whom I loved, adored and admired. Now's we're all grown up with families and we don't get to see each other enough.

I also wanted you to see the belly growing bigger and bigger at 31 weeks.


This was probably one of my favorite days of vacation. Cary met up with us after dinner and it was so nice to have everyone together after a long day of fun.

No comments: