Tuesday, May 24, 2011

40 Weeks 4 Days

Still nothing.

I thought that riding our stationary bike for 1 hour last night might help move things along.  No such luck, as of yet, EXCEPT I was able to sleep really well last night.

At this point in the game I'm sort of going back to my normal schedule, like attending bible study this morning instead of hanging around the house hoping a contraction will show up.  I'm REALLY trying to lose any sort of expectation.  That's hard!  I'm taking advantage of every afternoon to work on the array of house projects we have going on here as well as doing some drawings for renovation projects for my dad.  Sunday I was digging holes in the back yard to plant my new tomato plants.  Cary was laughing at me because my shirt was too short, so the lower belly was hanging out over my shorts and it was awful hot.

Last night Cary said we should take bets as to when this baby will be born.  I threw my hands up in the air, sighed and said, "I've got nothing."  I've done so much guessing of due dates over the past 2 weeks I'm all out of guessing.  His guess was Thursday morning at 4:30 AM.

Truthfully as much as I try not to get my hopes up and stay emotionally "even" it's gonna be hard today and tomorrow.  Ellery was 40 weeks and 5 days so deep down I think I really am expecting labor to set in over the next 48 hours.  If it doesn't then I'll have to deal with the feeling of disappointment again. 

Instead I'm just gonna keep praying for patience and peace while I wait.

No comments: