Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Non Stress Test & Ultrasound

I don't know why they call this a "Non" stress test because I was stressed out like no other! That monitor beeps and quacks and I'm supposed to be concentrating on when the baby moves to push my clicker so the doctor knows what's going on. I found myself holding my breath while I waited for Little Mister to move!


To be fair to myself I went into this appointment expecting NOTHING; no progress, no contractions but a good amnio fluid level. That's exactly what I got!


Baby boy is still very high and squished up in a tight little ball. The ultrasound tech said he measures at 9 lbs. 9 oz. HA! That's pretty much what Ellery measured the day before she was born and she weighed in at 7 lbs. 8 oz.

So, the plan at this point is I wait. :)

There is another non stress test and ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday May 31. Everyone, and I mean everyone is hoping this baby comes before Tuesday. The nurses who where scheduling me said that I better deliver before Tuesday because the doctor and ultrasound are all booked on Tuesday and they are squeezing me in. I totally agree.

When I leave these appointments lately I am completely drained. All I want to do is curl up in a ball on my bed and be left alone. It's such an emotional journey that seems so silly. I don't think I'm doing a good job of explaining myself. I guess it's just that waiting is hard and as much as I have tried to not let myself emotionally get jazzed about going to the doctors office I guess no matter what, I get excited and hopeful and dream about unrealistic outcomes; like the doctor telling me I was in real labor not feeling a contraction and he wouldn't let me go home. HA! I can get a pretty creative imagination sometimes.

There are so many things to be thankful for and so many moments given to my day that are worth love and excitement, like Ellery requesting to go #1 & #2 on the potty all by herself this afternoon. Or listening to her squeal while she runs around the house naked. I am so thankful for everyone's texts, e-mails and prayers. Just so very thankful. These are the things I'm TRYING to focus on lately. All good things come to those who wait.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hang in there Leah! I know exactly how you feel! I went through that with Ella. I went in for that test & my mom waited in the waiting room, Greg was with me. We ended up being in there forever! And of course my mom thought maybe something was happening. It was very discouraging when I waddled back out ready to head home! I know it's hard & disappointing every time you head home from the doctor. The best thing I can say is just try to enjoy the next few days, & it will all be worth it when you see his little face for the first time! Call me if you need some company :)