Saturday, May 28, 2011

Announcing Walter Cary Ayers III

He's here! Little mister was born on friday, may 27 at 1:27 am. He weighs 9lbs 4oz and is 21" long.

Contractions began Thursday morning but it was mainly lower back pain & the only thing that made me think it was contractions was the consistency, they were about 30 min apart. The rest Of the day was normal, grocery shopping & errands. By late afternoon the contractions were coming closer together but I figured until they were 5 min apart for 1 hr I wasn't calling the dr.

Fast forward to 10:30 pm. We went to bed & they started to slow down but become VERY intense so I decided to get up and move around. The walk frm the bedroom to the living room was all I needed to take it frm 10 min to 5 min and very shortly after they were 3 min apart and lasting at least 1 min.

My dad came over to stay with Ellery then Cary and I were out the door around 12:15 am. By this point labor was really intense, to the point where I couldn't stand,only squat, my way through the contractions. All during pregnancy my attitude about labor was, be home as long as possible and lets just see what happens; if I can deliver naturally that's awesome but if it gets to be too much then I'll get an epidural and that will be just fine. Well at this point in labor I was DYING for the antisteciologist. Wouldn't you know that I had to have a certain amount of IV fluid in me and all this other stuff had to be in place before I could get my meds. By the time the antisteciologist arrived I was so far into labor that I was working to NOT push the baby out!

Another thing I didn't know was it took time for the drugs to kick in, like 10 min. Well I didn't have 10 min. Nope. It was but moments after the epidural was in place before I began pushing and 3 pushes later our Little Mister was here!

Talk about intense. I will NEVER forget this moment.

He's our little chunky man but oh zoo sweet. He's very chill, sleeping a lot, nursing very well and, when those blue eyes are open, he's taking life in.

I'm in the hospital until sunday and then the insanity begins!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful!

Ali said...

Adorable! I am so glad I kept checking back. Congratulations!
Perhaps those tiny onesies won't work after all ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's so cute, I want to see him!

Courtney Cassada said...

ahhh!!! congratulations!!! you did AMAZING (sounds JUST like my labor/delivery with bailey! had her less than an hour after getting to hospital. experienced the "ring of fire"! wow!)

he's beautiful. YOU are beautiful.

Niki said...

Congrats Leah!! I have been dying to hear about his arrival! I am so excited for you...experiencing both a boy and a girl is such a blessing. He is adorable..I can definitely see Ellery in him.

I hope you are well and loving your time with your new little man.
xo

Alden and Dorian said...

Congratulations on Walter's arrival! He is adorable! We thank God for a safe labor and delivery. We'll be praying for these first days and weeks of adjusting to two children. You all will do GREAT. You are blessed!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He so cute, with all that hair!

Kate and Geoff said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Whew, you strong woman! He looks gorgeous and I'm so glad he's joined the family. Hooray for WC Ayers III!! Much love to you and Cary. xo