Friday, May 20, 2011

40 Weeks


Here we are at 40 weeks!  I love how Ellery was following me around all day and at the moment of this picture she wanted me to take a plastic Easter egg and fill it with water.

I have spent the last week in great anticipation and excitement to go into labor.  That was until my doctors appointment this past Wednesday when I found out that I had not progressed and absolutely NOTHING was new.  This would be my body following the same path of delivery as Ellery.  I was 40 weeks and 5 days.

So Thursday I hauled my little bootie to the gym and walked close to 4 miles on the treadmill.  Today I took Little Miss on a 45 min. walk around our neighborhood.  I am stuffing myself with crazy food so my tummy will get upset and therefor send me into labor.  I've still got nothing.  Maybe a few Braxton Hicks as I'm relaxing to go to sleep but nothing more.

Last weekend was spent in bed.  My body was exhausted from being a single mom and I was coming down with a virus or something but I could not do anything for more than 1 hour before I had to take a 2 hour nap.  I think I've been fighting a cold or something this week.  So in retrospect I guess it's good that I haven't gone into labor quite yet.

I am packed, all except my toiletries.  I am beginning to accept the fact that this baby isn't coming any time soon and the excitement of "Is it now?  Did my water just break?  Was that a contraction?" is fading fast.  Now my thoughts are, "This baby isn't coming until next week, let's take a nap."  I will admit to fighting a bad attitude lately.  It's a struggle to recognize and accept that God doesn't work on MY time.  Thankfully my husband and family have been very patient with me and THANKFULLY I've had other house projects to think about which is a great distraction from my disappointment.

This coming Wednesday is my scheduled non-stress test and ultrasound to confirm the amniotic fluid is good.  That would put me at 40 weeks and 5 days.  Will I make it until then???  We'll have to wait and see!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Thanks for stopping by the yard sale and for your donations and purchases. Leah, you look amazing for being due already. I hope you are feeling 100% by the time little mister arrives. I can't wait to hear the news. call if you need anything at all!

Courtney said...

oh, i REMEMBER! nothing i can say will make it any better...nap all you want, friend!

i love you!