This year we only had 4 families, where as we typically have 5 and last year had 6 families.
This year we had 4 more new children!! Lincoln & Levi Cassada, Jack Young and of course Walt.
The mornings were spent going on runs or walks, strolling down the road for donuts or kids watching movies and of course gearing up for a trip to the beach.
Our family set up on the beach.
Much to my surprise Walt did great on the beach. Mostly because the Fogarty's let us borrow the small travel crib which let him nap and chill out with out any potential for injury from sand.
When Ellery wasn't playing with the other kids building castles she was snuggled close to Daddy ALL WEEK LONG.
After the beach we came home, moms made lunch while dads and kids played in the pool. We'd eat and this would be the typical scene in our room. Daddy and Ellery would start a movie, Ellery would go to sleep and Daddy would just chill out.
Nap time meant Moms hung out by the pool reading (I started "The Help", wow,...soo good) and chatting. On occasion I would make margaritas for the girls, that's kind of a tradition.
After nap the kids would play in the pool while someone would be preparring dinner. The girls usually put a meal plan together for the week. A good portion of the week the kids would eat dinner we'd get them to bed and then make our REAL meal. I think we finally got the menu down this year, cause it was GOOD!
Regardless of the meal there always had to be a fun dessert. What's vacation with out dessert?
Let me just pause for a moment and talk about this girl. Rebekah Cassada was the flower girl in our wedding. I had no idea back then how much I would grow to love this young lady. She is growing up before my eyes and I A-DORE her. I don't usually show how much I like her, but just looking at this picture makes my heart swell. My prayer is that Ellery will grow up to be as loving, beautiful, fun and caring as Rebekah.
The girls are outnumbered by boys. So that just means they need to have a little extra attention sometimes and thankfully Courtney thought to bring this SUPER FUN nail polish to the beach. I had already painted E's toes for our trip but as soon as she saw the rainbow of colors available to her she pulled herself right on up to the table and stuck her foot out for Courtney to paint. I loved it! Just wish I had my toes done like that!!
Me and Little Mister
This was the first year I thought ahead enough to plan a family beach picture. Every year the other families take beach pictures and I was not about to miss out this year.
Earlier in the day we had been approached by a lifeguard and informed that we were being evacuated for hurricane Irene. Dang hurricanes! Remember last year? Well we learned our lesson last year and decided that it was only Thursday, Irene wasn't due to visit until Saturday so we weren't leaving quite yet. That meant we would miss the horrible traffic and rush to get out of our house. This decision also meant the wind would blow our hair in beauty while we were taking family pictures!
Peyton and I had the 2 babies this year, Walt and Jack. They are a couple months apart and will be BFF's for the beach trips to come.
Our Littles...
1 comment:
I love the post about me it filled my heart with love by you. Hope to see you or call you soon.
Post a Comment