Saturday afternoon we lost power around 12:30, that was expected. Thankfully we have a generator.
Later that evening Cary had to attend the wedding of a very close friend and after going back and forth as to if we should go as a family or just Cary attend, I told Cary he needed to go and it would be safer for the kids to stay home. Little did I know...
Cary called me around 6:15 telling me he was on his way home. I said we were sitting in the living room, watching a movie having a good ol' time and to be safe. I was on the sofa in the living room, Ellery watching TV, Walt in my lap and I was texting a friend who attended the wedding when I heard a strong gust of wind.
I looked out the large picture window and saw what seemed to be a sheet of rain pounding the house and in the blink of an eye I heard a loud sound that is unmistakably a tree falling then looked out the window again and saw the branches laying in front of the window.
As soon as we were able to assess the damage we realized how blessed we were. We are so thankful that the tree didn't fall on our neighbors house. The damage is minimal compared to what it could have been.
Yes, the tree was rooted in the back yard and split down the middle, half landing on the front of our house the other half taking down the power lines and cable lines in the back yard.
So we were out of power for 1 solid week and with out cable or internet for 2 weeks.
Hopefully the tree will be removed this week, but we had hoped to have it gone last week (no luck since we had 4 days of rain).
Crazy times. We really are amazed at how perfectly this accident happened. It's insane to see first hand. Not only are we dealing with house repairs but Cary and I are also talking with Ellery almost every night about the big tree that fell on our house and how scary it was for her. I was pretty freaked out but can't imagine what that must have been like for a small child. She'll be fine....one day...
2 comments:
SO crazy! i still can't believe that happened! and how much worse it could have been!!
SO crazy! i still can't believe that happened! and how much worse it could have been!!
Post a Comment