Monday, April 30, 2007

Celebrity

I love the Food Network. It’s no joke that Barefoot Contessa is my all time favorite cook on the air right now. So you can probably guess that I pretty much died yesterday when my good friend Shannon called and left a very interesting message on my voice mail. She recently moved to Long Island (I miss her!) and while she and her adorable husband, Robby, were out taking a drive on Saturday they happened to turn on a random street off of the main drag in East Hampton. Along the road they spotted 2 women standing in the street just chatting away. But as they came closer the one woman looking amazingly familiar, IT WAS INA GARTEN!! So they passed her, turned the car around and as any good friend would do, Shannon pulled out her camera (she’s always prepared) and snapped a shot of the cooking queen. Then Robby did another U-Turn and they passed the ladies a second time, all while Shannon took another picture. At this point I’m sure Ina had figured them out and trying to be in the best East Hampton style Mr. & Mrs. Beaver kept driving on and left the celebrity alone. I was so excited yesterday to live vicariously through Shannon as she told me this story I could have jumped out of my skin. It’s true what they say about 6 degrees of separation. How cool is that?! :)

1 comment:

Peyton said...

So cool! Tell her if she ever sees Jennifer Garner to call me! Your shower looks like it was unbelievable. YOu are such a great hostess and a great friend.