Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Dang Cats!!

I have 2 cats; they are the bane of my husband’s existence. Thankfully love covers a multitude of annoyances. Lately they have been making me crazy; no Cary, I'm not getting rid of them. Somehow the sweet fury creatures have found their way onto my gardening table. Dirt is now spread on the white plastic table cloth and some of the peat pots have been crushed by paws. Fur was the evidence that gave them away. My cats are not allowed on any furniture, although they are cats and do what they please. When we left for NC this weekend I surrounded the table with chairs from the dining room in hopes they wouldn't be able to access the innocent plants. I was wrong. Dirt now covers my pretty green slip covers. I lie in bed thinking of ways to keep those dang cats from harming my poor plants. It seems to be a daily battle. This morning I covered all chairs with aluminum foil in hopes they wouldn't climb the chairs to make it onto the table. If that doesn't work I might have to move the table. After all, cats can leap pretty significant heights and distances if they so choose.

3 comments:

Cary Ayers said...

I have a shotgun that will fix the problem immediately.

Leah said...

Oh Sweetie! You make me laugh.

Courtney said...

wow...smart thinking! i would NEVER have thought of aluminum foil. i wonder if that will work...