What a day! Almost too tired to type this post but I'll do it anyway...
The run went surprisingly well. Several girls ran together and our pace was faster than usual. I would guess that's probably why our legs and feet felt like they were going to fall off around mile 10. I was so ready to have that task checked off my list at mile marker 10. The biggest story of the day was when I bit it on the run. Coincidentally enough, somewhere about mile 4 or 5 I thought to myself (and was about to say it out loud but didn't for some reason), "Man it's about time someone took a tumble. Last year this time several folks on the team bit it. I don't think I've seen any skinned knees once yet this year." Well, well, well....about 1/10 of a mile away from the finish line I was forcing myself to continue to run the last hill. A couple of ladies behind me decided to quit walking and talking and to "finish strong." Normally I would cheer myself on to not letting them pass me, today I could have cared less. No more than one minute after they had decided to conquer the hill, did my right foot decide to get a bit too lazy and down skidding on the concrete bridge I went. The seconds I was down felt like eternity. I thought "oh my gosh, I'm actually skidding...Hmm now this is interesting. Not fun, but interesting. Lord don't let me break anything!" The hill conqueres decided to rush over to me (like 2 feet) and check if I was okay. Immediately I had to recover and act all sportsman like, so what did I do? Jump up and firmly announce "I'M OKAY, I'M OKAY, I'M OKAY....LET'S GET THIS THING DONE!" Off I went down the hill and paying a little more attention, round the corner and through the finish parking lot. Thank God that is over and I survived....Now I'm going to bed!!
A quick shot of my knees. Nothing too exciting. My hands seem to be more painful, but then again my hands come in contact with a lot more pressure and objects than my knees. For some reason the camera didn't want to take a good picture of my scared hands....maybe that's a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment