Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Lord Help Me!

This has been my prayer when the sun rises and when it sets. He has shown me that I have control over nothing but myself and my attitude. Every single day I face a mountain of negativity from others around me and from within myself. And in the midst of it all I seek Gods guidance and direction. He is faithful to bring me to the end of each day and no matter how tired and emotionally drained I might be, I continue to pray for His peace and acceptance. Through it all I must be diligent with every single task I am given. I must make the conscious decision to believe that His will is prevailing. And then He blesses me with glimpses into the life of friends, those who are experiencing the first day of school with all the joy, excitement and a different sense of anxiety. Another way the Lord leads people to trust Him. So tonight I go to bed with my heart full of love for the families who have embarked on new journeys with school, a tired body from a long day of work and a hope that tomorrow God will show himself faithful one more time.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

i seriously can't tell you how much your thoughtfulness and prayers meant yesterday. they lifted me up in ways you will never know!