Sunday, February 10, 2008

Here We Go Again

Another Sunday, another road ride. As much as I had every intention of getting back on the bike this week and practicing the technical skills which keep me from having "good rides," I got sick and was laid up for 2 days. Yesterday I was able to accomplish my 1:30 run with Jaclyn and then helped Cary with a project for the remainder of the day. So now it's almost 50 degrees, extremely windy and the time is ticking by to find out how today will turn out.

We are riding with a different group of folks this afternoon. Every time I hear the wind howling outside of my house my heart rate goes up and I want to cry! ;) I ask all my friends who pray, please do so if you read this blog sometime between the hours of 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM. As a matter of fact, even if it's after 4:00, keep praying because Lord only knows how this ride will impact our evening. Yes, I'm obviously really nervous. But because I can't do anything with "nerves" I will clean my house until it's time to get ready to leave. The schedule calls for 3 1/2 hrs and I'm really hoping that if I go into this ride with a smile and excitment then the chances of getting frustrated with myself will decrease at least a little, I hope.

No comments: