Thursday, February 21, 2008

Precious Hug

Last night I had the pleasure of visiting my friends Brandon & Nan. They have a 14 month old little girl, Cate. I had so much fun hanging out and watching Cate pull all of her books out of the bins, flip through them, make cat sounds and laugh. For the first time, my laughter made a small child laugh! How cool is that? Every single time I laughed, she looked at me and laughed. Even Nan commented on it! At one point I was sitting in the rocking chair and Cate was sitting at my feet, all of her books piled around and next thing I know she was just making all these Babababa, Mamama, noises. Brandon and I were engrossed in conversation but Nan stopped us and said "Look, Cate is reading to herself!" Those are the tiny precious moments that pass by so quickly and can easily be lost in our "adult" life. Finally, and this one just melted my heart, when Brandon went to put Cate to bed we were all standing in the kichen and she looked at me to reach out as if she wanted me to hold her. Well I took her and next thing I know she totally nussled (sp?) up by my neck and curled up into my chest. I believe it was a HUG!! How huge is that?! I got so excited I told Brandon to get my camera but as soon as I said that the moment was gone. Yea, that totally melted my heart. I can't wait to see her again!

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

what a precious time!