Sunday, February 10, 2008

Home, Safe & Sound

We are done. Today was so much better than last week and quite a bit more difficult than last week as well. Much better because Tim & Cristy were with us and that made the ride fun. Cary did a great job of encouraging me along the ride, which in turn helped me to communicate with him when I was struggling or working extra hard to keep up. I felt like part of the group for a good part of the ride and didn't allow myself to get frustrated. Most of all I know that I pushed myself and concentrated very hard to keep up. Today's crew is very skilled and way more advanced than I am when it comes to biking. Tim & Cristy probably have what seems like 20 bikes in their garage and are phenominal athletes. So what was so difficult? The wind! Oh. My. Gosh. There were several moments when I thought I was going to be picked up and tossed into the field next to me instantly. When Tim & Cary admit that riding in 30+ mile an hour winds is dangerous, that's when I realized it was time to get home and be safe. I felt like I was leaning into the wind while my body & bike were probably at a 35 degree angle from the road. Pretty intense. Unfortunately we weren't able to complete the entire 3 1/2 hr. training ride. We did 2 hours and instead of rushing home to get on the trainer we decided to treat ourselves to some hang out time with friends. Here are some picts from today!
Cary preparing to leave on our ride.
Cristy is waiting for us all to get the stuff together!
I'm really nervous so I figured I would take a picture!
Thank God that's over!
Mexican food is the BEST celebration food EVER!!

2 comments:

Peyton said...

yay, I am so glad it was better than you expected. Its good sometimes to have such low expectations, than it usually goes better than expected! Love ya.

Courtney said...

so GLAD it went so much better!