Monday, February 4, 2008

This Weekend

Ignoring yesterday, this weekend was totally fun! I left on Friday evening to visit with the Cassada family and attend Peyton's baby shower. Cary was supposed to travel with me, however he came down with a cold bug or something and felt it was best to not infect anyone else. It's been a long time since I've driven up to NOVA by myself, but thankfully the traffic was good both ways.

Saturday morning I went running with Courtney's "crew." I totally loved that! I love, love, love her neighborhood and all the paths and LOVE the fact she has a fantastic group of women to run with every single day. Yes, I'm jealous. I'm the queen of this philosophy "we ran, so we can eat anything!" So we ate everything! :)

Words can not express how in love I am with the Cassada kids. I want kids of my own so much when I visit this family. Bailey (the 2 year old) and I investigated the "baby button" a.k.a. our belly buttons. Rebekah lost another tooth on Saturday afternoon. Josh showed me how good he is at the Memory Game. I remember being a kid and that was my favorite game too! Rebekah and Joshua helped me cut up the fruit for Peyton's shower (only after I sent Joshua back to wash his hands again and this time he was to use soap...what a boy thing to do). Rebekah read to us her thought's on God (so precious). Seriously, I could go on and on. When I arrived home, Cary quized me on the children and if he missed any fun things. Courtney, if you ever wanted to have a 5th just for the sake of having another child, Cary and I would totally adopt it! ;)

Here is Peyton holding a Diet Coke, this was a "post delivery gift" and something that might need to go into her IV once the baby is born.


Peyton's shower was amazing! She is so stinkin' cute with her basketball belly. I think there were 7 other pregnant women at the shower. Peyton is one of the most amazing people I know. She is so real. She truly loves God and her enthusiasm for life is infectious. I can't get enough of her. Cary, I think we should move to NOVA....

2 comments:

Peyton said...

OH MY GOODNESS MOVE HERE! Don't say things like that unless you mean them, that would be amazing!!! You are such a trooper to drive up for the shower and it was so fun to have you there. You are a sweet friend and I LOVE you and wish we got to see you more. Sorry your ride was no fun yesterday, I will pray they go better from now on. I have the nursrey all situated and am ready to pop out this baby....

veronica said...

Leah, you are welcome to join our ladies group whenever you are in town. If you move up here you know you would have a group to run with! Good luck with training.