We have experienced many amazing changes this year and the Lord is constantly renovating our hearts to be a better reflection of Him.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Bathing Suit Season
My one piece, pool swimming, "athletic" swim suit is shot. I mean I've never seen something so pathetic in my life. No joke. It's been a month or so since I have been in the pool and last night was the first time back. I knew the suit was on it's last leg but didn't know how atrocious it would look once it gave out. When I reached the end of a lap last night I was chatting with this nice old man who was sharing the lap lane and as nervous hands and finger would do, I began playing with the core/torso/belly, whatever you want to call it, of my bathing suit. Yea, I could fold the black material over 4 times before it became tight enough to seem somewhat normal. But I paid no attention, I was swimming and chatting it up! That was until I decided to get out of the pool. Once I stood up and walked to my towel and looked down that's when I noticed a fraction of how bad it was. I mean the Lycra was hanging there, beautifully swagged as if it belonged on a window treatment. Once I took a look at myself in a mirror I thought "so this is what I would look like if I weighted 350 lbs and lost 3/4 of my body fat." I was a prime candidate for Extreme Makeover! Needless to say the rest of my evening was consumed with the horrors of bathing suit shopping. No luck yet, but if someone has a recommendation for a website where I can find something solid black for a good deal, bring it on! I hate bathing suit shopping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My fave. places to shop for swimwear:
www.everythingbutwater.com
www.jcrew.com
www.victoriassecret.com
www.landsend.com
...and this site will be up soon and is where I actually got my most recent suit:
www.californiasunshine.com
Post a Comment