Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Finally, some down time

Tonight I have elected to neglect the exercise routine I had in mind for tonight. I got home later than usual and really felt like I needed to just do something to relax and finally have some down time to myself.

So in front of a fire, classical music in the back ground, glass of wine, cheese and crackers by my side I began to read my friend Courtney's blog. Every day she is posting devotionals about the week leading up to Easter and how the bible documents Christ's last days on earth.

Conviction. That is what I've been feeling since this weekend. We didn't go to church on Saturday night and I completely forgot about Palm Sunday until it was too late. I think this is the first Palm Sunday I have forgotten and it's almost like forgetting a good friend's birthday. I told Cary last night I was disappointed in my approach to this week and it's significance. Which makes me so thankful that Courtney had the wisdom and foresight to post the daily devotions. I have been drinking them up (more than my wine) as I'm sitting here. Playing moment by moment in my head as if I'm watching a really good movie and I'm almost in tears. I just want to FEEL Easter Sunday past the worry of how my dining room table looks and what I'll be serving my guests. I want to LIVE Christ's death and resurrection, all the joy wonder and amazement that comes along with it.

One day I pray I can instill in my children's lives the importance of this week as much as Courtney has been able to impact me.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

wow, Leah. i have been so blessed by it also - i'm glad someone else is too!