When I am training for a marathon there are many days which call for an early morning run. First thing, get out of bed, brush my teeth and do the other standard morning routine slip on my running shoes and head out to meet a friend (or group) for a training run. I love that time of day when we get out on the road and the traffic is light, not many folks out and about yet and the sun is waking up. My day from that point forward already feels "full" and I am satisfied.
I was reading Kristin Armstrong's blog this afternoon and it reminded me of how much I love being up early in the morning. I was reminded of how much I love running before the weight of a work day can bog me down. Now, let's see if I can muster the discipline to do this more often!
1 comment:
I fully agree with you! I love morning runs before the sun comes up and the world is still sleeping. It is a great way to start the day so that I can accomplish my "gottas" later in the day. I think this is why our group has been doing it for so long. Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment