This weekend I have been learning the valuable lesson of determining my emotional energy priorities? Friday night wasn't so great and a couple of people really frustrated me to the point of ruining my evening. Saturday morning I decided that I was not going to let myself spend any more emotional energy on the events which took up so much of my time and attention on Friday. Well, today is when those circumstances which caused stress on Friday would come back to test me. To be quiet frank I haven't been feeling my best and I just don't have the physical energy to think about anything except my task at hand. Today the Lord has really shown me the truth in the verse "do not worry about tomorrow, He's got it all under control." I witnessed first hand His perfect timing at work today.
A painter told me on Friday night that he wasn't going to work today, which would ruin my chance of finishing a job on time. This morning the mirror company arrived on site to install a huge wall mirror and a job that should have taken 30 min. ended up taking 4 hours! The painter called me in the 3rd hour and left a message that he finished a job early and would like to come by the house to see if we were ready for him. As the mirror company was cleaning up the site the painter walks in the door with his supplies in hand and says "as much time as I can be productive, I want to be doing something here to keep on schedule."
There were many opportunities for me to stress out and become emotional about this project but instead I chose to just let it go. As I drove away from the job site I thought, "The Lord really does work things out, now doesn't He?!"
1 comment:
good for you!
Post a Comment