Thursday, September 18, 2008

Relief!

this is how my desk looked earlier this morning, well more like right now actually. i just completed a 4 page drapery proposal for a client. i am giving her 2 options for the design and 4 options for fabrics with trim, all based on price range. since coming home from the beach I've been working hard on pulling all of the materials, quantities, labor, etc. leading up to my meeting in 40 minutes. thank God it's done. what a relief! i wonder what she'll choose....i have my favorite of course but who knows if she wants to pay for it!

one thing I'm very thankful for are the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies i made last night. if you look closely on the desk, next to my red Christmas mug you'll see some plastic with red dots on it, that's the cookies. they've sustained my nutritional needs this morning while i worked. did i mention that as we were in staff meeting and I'm supposed to be taking notes i took that time to actually pull the proposal format together?

I'm a very visual person and with so many choices i decided to scan photos of each fabric and place them in the proposal next to the price breakout, so as to keep anyone from being confused. there is just so much involved in putting it all together. I'd love to give a big THANK YOU to Microsoft excel, cause if that program wasn't in existence i would be in LOTS of trouble.

okay, gonna go pray everything goes well!!

1 comment: