Monday, October 13, 2008

My Sweetie, the Plumber

We (okay, way more Cary than me) have been working very hard over the past several months to finish the second floor. Sweetie installed hardwood floors in our new Master Bedroom and along with a little help from some carpenters, all of the trim. I picked out the paint color and he painted the whole room in a day or two. I can't wait to move into this room. The baby will be right down the hall and guests will have plenty of room on the first floor.

The plastic on the floor leads to the hallway.

This picture shows the bathroom entrance.



Well, since today is Columbus day and the banks are closed my Sweetie was able to play "plumber!" We hit up Lowe's yesterday afternoon and purchased a ton of plastic piping and tools.

Here is the wall for the vanity.

Here is the shower corner and by the window will be the toilet & urinal. Yes, you read that correctly. While building the house and the original plumbing was being roughed in I called Cary and asked him "if you could have anything in this bathroom, what would it be?" He responded with "A urinal" of which I gave him.

This is what my plumber did today! He relocated hot & cold lines to a new wall (which he built himself) and installed the 2 shower shower head valves. I am SO PROUD!!

This photo might not mean much to anyone, but shows the original location of the hot & cold lines that Cary moved. What I loved was the empty beer bottle in a koozy that has MY NAME ON IT! Hey, it's a perk of working at home I guess!

And here he is....my Sweetie, the Plumber, under the house working on hooking up the water line to our instant hot water tank. He's so cute!! Aww....

I can't forget the trusty assistant! I had to work, but at least Amos was there to get excited for me.






2 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks great so far! You guys should be very proud of all your hard work.

Ali said...

wow! can we hire him?