Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lead Feet

I don't know what the deal is lately with running but it has got to stop. My 10K 2 weeks ago was fantastic; I felt great, got into the zone fairly quickly and what seemed like plodding along proved to be some of my fastest miles to date. NOW, I have lead feet. I think it might have something to do with the weight training I'm beginning to incorporate every other day into my exercise routine. That is the only thing I can figure. As my run started out yesterday it didnt' feel all that great but i was enjoying the little things. You know, like the brief moment a lady bug was flying next to me while I ran, smell of fresh cut grass, cool breeze on an unusually hot morning, 2 adorable little girls sitting at the end of their driveway sucking on a freezer pop (at 9:30 AM) and watching me run with a fascinated look on their faces (I waved and they waved back with these cute tiny hands). But then the mind games began and the hills were too big and too long and my breath became too short and it was all too much. I pushed through it and finished, talking myself into cutting a bit of the jog off just so I could survive and make it back to my car in one piece. I was disappointed but sort of satisfied that at least I did it. Just gotta chalk it up to a few bad runs and get back out there in a day or so, I guess.

No comments: