Today was all about the amazing memories of this place. We got up, made the classic beach sandwich (ham & cheese), slathered on the SPF and headed to the beach.
I'm a beach bum, so is my mom. However my grandma feels the need to be productive on some level any time of the day. So she brought with her some of the family recipes, to make a grocery list. One of the recipes was for "Nut Roll," (this is one of my favorite things). Casually as she pulled the piece of paper out of her purse she commented "well i sure hope I don't loose this recipe b/c of the wind." Not more than 5 minutes later as I gaze down the beach I see a slip of paper, at the same time my mom and grandma start screaming! So of course I jump up and take off down the beach. All I could hear was my mom screaming (no kidding almost at the top of her lungs) 'RUN, RUN, RUN LEAH RUN!! RUN LEAH RUN!! RUUUUNNN!!" All the wile I'm thinking "man, I wish she had been on the side lines cheering like this for me during my marathon. It's nice to hear her cheer for me." I doubted I would catch the paper, the wind was that bad. Then finally as it began drifting toward the water I picked up the speed a bit more and as fast and I could I jumped on the slip of paper. I had to catch myself from falling over after abruptly stopping. Then I looked up and noticed everyone on the beach was watching me run....in a bikini.....chasing a piece of paper. Yes, a woman and her husband began applauding. As I turn back to my women, they were cheering with both hands pumping up and down in the air. It totally cracked me up! As much as I wish I looked like Pamela Anderson in Baywatch while running down the white sand, I am about 14 shades of white and did not even come close. Nope, it was all about preserving family history.
Other than this event, the day has been pretty relaxing. Ice cream, 6 mile run at the Y and a yummy home cooked meal. Now all I have to decide is if I want to indulge myself in The Bachelor London or catch up on Grey's Anatomy from last week?!
No comments:
Post a Comment