Mom and I left this morning at 8:00 AM to drive down to Daytona Beach, FL. This is where my grandparents live. I have so many fantastic memories of this house, beach visits and family vacation traditions. The drive was bearable. For the first time I realized that I drive more like Cary than I would want to admit. I can understand why he drives so fast, you just want to get to your destination FAST. So I packed a large cooler w/snacks and food. There were not stops other than bathroom breaks and a short quick visit with an uncle so I could pick up the computer I'm typing on right now.
After 11 1/2 hrs. we finally arrived. I am so excited to spend time with Charlie & Virginia. This is the trip where I will get our family recipes and a lesson on making the worlds best dinner rolls. So between the beach, naps and good home cooking I don't know if life could get much better than this. It would be even better if Sweetie were here with me.
So I hope to take lots of pictures and keep the blog updated!!
1 comment:
oh, yea! so fun to be "on vacation" with you!
Post a Comment