Friday, May 18, 2012

Gymnastics Program

Ellery & Cooper were in gymnastics class together this spring.

She LOVED it!


Almost every day she would look for Ms. Elizabeth (our neighbor) to be in her front yard so Ellery could practice her cartwheels, somersaults and basically anything gymnastics related.



So I was really excited to see what she does in class during the parent observation day (a.k.a. last day of class). Well, these back bends are just about the ONLY thing I saw her do. Ellery totally clammed up. Like from this last picture on for the next 45 minutes she did NOTHING, just stood stone cold still and refused to move. Yes, super frustrating. Cooper, however, certainly participated in class and it was fun to see him swing on the parallel bars and jump over the saw horse. Thankfully her instructor told me that Ellery does not normally act like that in class and she is a strong student. I won't let this one day keep me from enrolling her in another class, but this was a learning experience for her & I both.

No comments: