Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back Talking

I really wish I had this on video.

We were getting ready for dinner tonight. One of the first nights when Ellery is eating the same meal, at the same time, in her high chair at the table. All big accomplishments in the successful parenting category. Anyway....

I stood in the dining room while she walked around the living room.

I called her name.

She turned and looked at me but kept going the other direction (sounds familiar to you moms out there, right).

I repeated, "Ellery, come to Mommy"

She kept walking to her favorite place.

I walked over, picker her up and while I had eye contact I repeated "I said, Come to Mommy Ellery."

Her response, "NO"

Leah: "YES"

Ellery: "NO"

Leah: "YES"

Ellery: "NO"

This went on the as I walked across the room and began putting her in the chair.

She said "no" clearly enough that it stopped Cary in the kitchen and he raised his eyebrow and said, "And so it begins..."

Oh Lord help me.

No comments: