Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bye Bye Binky

It's been 1 week since Ellery has had her binky.

We learned in our Growing Kids God's Way class that she didn't need the binky anymore. That was news to me!

We started by poking holes in the tips and Cary even cut the end off of one binky. Ellery definitely didn't want anything to do with that one. Then we removed it from from 1 nap, then both naps and finally at night.

If I can remember correctly one night I looked around the room and didn't even know where they were. Cary must have hidden them.

I will admit that I had a hard time parting with it. It's just the go to thing when your kid is fussing and you know it will calm them down.

This experience wasn't the most pleasant, lots of crying and 9 times out of 10 she would get so mad that she tossed everything out of her crib before finally settling down for some sleep.

I was thinking it would be easier to do it now then to wait until we had to reason with her or introduce the "Binky Fairy."

So this morning I woke up and realize that we have a 1 week anniversary to celebrate today. Good job Miss Ellery!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

and good job, mom! i'm sure that was hard!!!