Saturday, May 26, 2012

Walt's 1st Birthday Party

Okay, I have a TON of pictures posted so enjoy! 

 For Walt's 1st birthday we invited a few friends over for a cook out and some play time. 

 He LOVED it!


Cary found this play yard on craigslist for super cheap and he modified it so we could have a play area for the kids.  I am married to the most amazing man.  He worked TIRELESSLY and ENDLESSLY to prepare for this party.



Meet Ms. Elizabeth, she is such a sweet person in my life. We were texting at 10:30 the night before Walt's party about my sewing issues while I was making his #1 onesie. I love this girl!



The garden and chickens were a hit with the kids.




I found this balloon wall idea on Pinterest.  

HOW FUN?!

Ellery and Walt ran through this like a million times while I was still trying to hang it.  I think the other kids had a good time, the adults probably found it annoying but it was all about the kids.


Love the fact that Walt's birthday is in the Spring and the kids could eat outside with no mess.


Walt took to Ms. Kitty (Cary's great aunt, she lives in our neighborhood) and she took to him as well, letting him eat off her plate. Then again, he is a bit irresistible.


A certain someone else was beyond excited for her brother's birthday.


He was a little confused when we sang to him.


Sister had to help blow out the candle.


Yes.  Walt likes cake.




Me and my boys!


Mimi & Grandad


A friend gave us this Little People Power Wheels and oh my word is it a HIT in our house.


Okay, so here are his 1 year stats:

19 lbs. 6 oz.
29 1/4 " 

Walt is such a sweet boy.
He loves on his lovey and any stuffed animals around the house.  I believe this is a sign of his tender heart.
He has 2 top and 2 bottom teeth, although 2 more are just about to pop through on the top.
He's sleeping through the night, nursing 3x's a day and is just adjusting to cows milk.
He can eat and eat and eat.
One of my most precious and favorite sounds is hearing Walt giggle with Ellery.
With out a doubt at least once a day they will end up chasing each other or playing with the ball and begin giggling and squealing together.  I treasure these moments.

Tonight Ellery and I were rough housing on the floor and Walt was standing right next to my head and not sure what to think of it.  While Ellery was hoping over my torso Walt came over, sat down next to my head and just snuggled up in my neck.  Sweet, sweet thing.

He MUST be held from 5:30 PM until he gets to eat.  Super annoying.  But the boy is hungry and it's either step on him because he is hanging on me or hold him while I make his dinner.

This time around I'm so much more relaxed.  I know how fast this time goes by and I'm trying to treasure every moment.

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!!

I love you


1 comment:

Courtney said...

so fun!!! love that balloon idea!