It's been a pretty low key weekend. Cary has been out of town duck hunting with some friends. Friday night I had dinner with my friend Jessica and her little girl Ella. It was our first get together apart from the guys (Cary and Greg where hunting together) and my first introduction to Ella! She is so cute I can hardly stand it. My goal with Ella is to help her feel comfortable enough around me that maybe she'll let me hold her. By the end of the evening she definitely warmed up but I didn't take any chances with holding her.
Saturday I did what I always do when Cary isn't in town, shop. Haha! I can't help but laugh out loud because it's soo true! Jaclyn and I got together for lunch and then it was a mission to find some cute tops to wear with a new pair of skinny leg jeans. I hit up H&M and man was that the mother load. Thankfully I didn't spend too much $$ but definitely found some great deals and walked out with several cute outfits, which are compatible with my skinny leg jeans. I rushed home to start cleaning the house because I wasn't sure when my man would be home. I got about half the house clean before I just pooped out and said to myself "Enough is enough. I'm done cleaning." Cary got home around 10:30 and it was so nice to have him back.
This morning we headed to church and my mom spoke about her new devotional book. We sold several books at the end of service and let me just take a minute to tell you that I'm VERY proud of her. I know this has been a dream of hers forever and to have something published and people respond so positively is overwhelming for her. It just makes me smile thinking about it!
So, Cary and I just got back from the grocery store and now I'm going to look up a recipe to make for dinner tonight. The Ironman training has begun in full force so we have to eat healthy and get to training. (Whisper) Thankfully Cary was tired and church ran long so we didn't do a 2 1/2-3 hr. bike ride at the gym today. I don't know how I got away with that one but I sure am glad I could take a nap! ;) Tomorrow....it's swim time. Say a little prayer for me that I won't get too discouraged (that's always a challenge when the training schedule calls for a swim day).
Take care everyone and I wish you a blessed week!! :)
1 comment:
wow, does this mean you are training for an ironman!?
Post a Comment