Tuesday, January 15, 2008

So Nice

I made the right decision last night! I came home & changed clothes, it always seems my first step to relaxing is taking my shoes off and then putting on jeans and a pair of the softest socks I can find. The refrigerator held a bottle of white wine I purchased for myself as a birthday present and so I poured some into a crystal glass (why is it that we never use the fancy china we received as wedding presents?) and made myself some cheese & crackers. I came into the living room, turned on the fireplace and walked to the office where I found some spa music online and clicked "play." Then I grabbed a Mango candle which has been sitting in my bathroom since this summer and it smells so good I have always been afraid to take it out of the box. Well, not last night! I took it out of the box. No, I didn't burn it, just set it on the end table so I could have a sense it was near, and not be over powered by the aroma of Mango. I opened my book and was transported to a Winter House in Aspen where I felt cozy and satisfied. Believe me, it was really tempting to stay there and not go to dinner, but when the time came around to putting on shoes and heading out into the cold I was relaxed enough to be able to enjoy dinner with friends. I can not wait to do this again, maybe Thursday evening.... :)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

wow, sounds perfect!

Courtney said...

wow, sounds perfect!