You might notice that I have added the "Today I am thankful for" page element. Well, this is where it gets a little hairy. All day today I have been looking forward to having another salad for dinner which was to be topped with that fantastic Makoto dressing. I used the last of the dressing last night and therefore planned to attend a spin class at the gym after work which just happens to be located right across the street from a Food Lion. After class I darted through the 25 degree parking lot while wearing sweat saturated clothes--a small price to pay for the deliciousness which this dressing will bring to my evening. I bee line it to the refrigerated dressing section of the store only to see that there are NO MAKOTO BOTTLES ON THE SHELF! What the crap?? I called Cary and told him I was going to the other Food Lion near our house and my voice was a good indication of my disappointment. While parking in Food Lion lot #2 I was on the phone with my friend Nan. Poor thing got the brunt of fury and anger which was soon to come, when I found YET AGAIN no Makoto bottles on the shelf. This time my eyes darted to and fro looking for a Food Lion employee (please I knew better than to waste my time looking but in the slim chance someone was near by I felt it was necessary to tell them that I NEEDED this dressing), alas no luck. As I'm trying to exit the store and expressing my deepest anxiety to Nan I almost began to cry! Nan came to my rescue and talked me down and I settled for some bottled chili. I am so upset that I still have no Makoto dressing in my house. You better believe the search will continue tomorrow. I am just too tired to go out and hit up other grocery stores to fill my pantry this late at night (but the thought has crossed my mind). So therefore I am still thankful for Makoto dressing but NOT thankful for Food Lion.
This is why my husband is great, he patiently listened to me rant and rave about the missing salad dressing and still tenderheartedly supported me. I'm off to bed and will try to let this go.
2 comments:
oh, so sad! i hope you find it! :-)
You are too funny!
Post a Comment